Title: Imprint Author: Ysabet MacFarlane (ba087@chebucto.ns.ca) Pairing: Sohma Hatsuharu and Sohma Isuzu (Rin) Fandom: Fruits Basket Theme: # 26 (if only I could make you mine) Disclaimer: Fruits Basket belongs to Takaya Natsuki and Hakusensha; English-language versions by FUNimation (anime) and Tokyopop (manga). Notes: Somewhat sexual, with some of the trauma that goes hand in hand with being Sohmas. *** "And whenever I fall at your feet You let your tears rain down on me Whenever I touch your slow turning pain" --Crowded House, "Fall At Your Feet" (Recurring Dream) *** He remembers her standing in the rain in one of the back gardens, water plastering her hair to her face, her uniform to her body, trying to explain inexplicable feelings to him. "It scares me." "What does?" She takes his hand and silently puts it under her skirt, jumping a little when his cold fingers brush against her thighs and the warmth between her legs. She grips his shoulders and presses herself against his hand, and he explores slowly. "Why does it scare you?" Her cheeks are red from more than the cold and rain, but she tells him, tells him what he makes her feel, uses words he's only heard from older students with their attempts at sounding adult and callous. Words that embarrass and arouse them both, and he watches unshed tears shining in her eyes while he works his fingers around her underwear, feels the slippery heat of her wanting him. And then she uses words that they both understand, with the shades of meaning that only their own family can grasp. "I want to own you. I want you to own me. And I think I'm going to be sick." "Shhh." He takes his hand away, holds her close, feels her shuddering. "There has to be something to it besides possession. There has to be. There has to--" And she cries: quiet, desperate sobs that break his heart because he understands the desire, the gnawing inability of a Jyuunishi soul to separate love from the unnatural bonds that define their lives. He strokes her hair gently, waits for her to stop. Knows she'll never cry it all out before her fear kicks in; even as that thought crosses his mind her head is twisting back and forth under his hand while she gasps for breath, rubbing the tears off on his shirt. "No one's around to hear you," he whispers into her hair, his lips moving against her scalp, each word a kiss. "They're expecting me back for supper," she replies. Not looking at him, not moving away. "Yeah." Her hands tighten on his shoulders and she pulls herself up against him, kisses him hard. He puts his hands on her hips and drops to his knees on the wet grass, bringing her down with him so that she straddles his thighs. "What do you want me to do?" "What?" She frowns at him, bites her lip. "I'm yours," he says, brushing his mouth over hers to push her teeth away from the abused lip. "If you want me, then what do you want me to do?" "Stop it." The flash of bitterness in her voice bleeds into the rain, is dulled by it. "No." "It's not true, Haru." "It _is_ true." Rain runs down her cheeks like cold tears, and he cups her face in his hands and rubs the water away with his thumbs. "I'll give you every part of me that belongs to me." He pulls her head down, turns it so that his mouth is pressed against her ear. "And I want you in exchange. But you have to tell me what you want, sweetheart." She laughs softly, a spasm that shakes his body along with hers. "I've already told you enough today about what I want." Her voice is low with awkwardness, and he cradles her, remembering the words she used, feeling the shame radiating off her. "Wanting that is fine," he says, kissing the top of her head. "Wanting this is fine, too." "I just want _you_. And I really can't stay, and I don't know when I can see you again, and--" She presses against him, shivering, and then straightens up. Begins to unfasten her shirt, opens it to bare her throat and then the tops of her breasts, down to the shadow of the black bra that reminds him of the stereotypical fantasies of what lies hidden under girls' uniforms. "You're gonna give me a schoolgirl fetish, Rin," he says mildly, trying to make her smile. "You're in high school," she retorts, swatting at the raindrops beading on her skin. "You're allowed." "As long as it's you?" She does smile then, one of the rare full smiles that transfigures her face. "As long as it's me." She pushes her hair back off her shoulders, and the smile is gone. "Give me something to look at." He blinks at her, puzzled, and she runs a finger over the pale skin where he can see her heart beating. She leans forward and closes her lips against his throat, sucking lightly at his skin. "I _don't_ know when I'll see you." She sits back, blushing but meeting his eyes. "I can't have anything of yours with me, but no one else is going to see any marks here." For a moment his skin crawls, thinking of the parents who left her with detailed knowledge of where bruises and cuts could be left without risk of discovery. They stare at each other, and he sees her seeing the thoughts. "It's not the same," she says, so quietly that the rain almost drowns her voice, and he nods. Puts his arms around her, pulls her close, presses his cheek against her chest. Her heart pounds in his ear, the only sound he can hear other than the rain. He turns his head a little, just enough that he can kiss her breast while still listening, and tastes her. Uses his tongue and teeth, lightly, then harder when she nods. Licks and sucks at her until the skin is red and darkening, and she has curled herself around him, her hands on his spine to hold him still. "Make it stay for a while," she whispers when he lifts his head enough to look at the mark he's left. "It doesn't hurt." She is tense with something other than desire, but pliable under his touch. He lowers his mouth to her skin again. When he stops, she traces the redness with her fingers, and kisses him while she refastens her shirt. "Will you be ok?" he asks as they stand up, both moving slowly to ease the kinks out of stiff legs. He touches her breast lightly, already missing the feel of her pulse, and then she is in his arms again, clinging to him for a last desperate moment before she has to disappear into the darkening gloom. She doesn't answer.